Direct and manage all plant manufacturing and quality operations with overall responsibilities for safety, production, product and other production-related functions. This includes responsibilities specific to a SQF Practitioner, maintaining HACCP plan and practices, overall customer quality. The role will assume plant operations management in the absence of the Plant Manager and other duties as assigned
- Provide safe, effective, positive leadership to motivate a team of salary and hourly production employees.
- Maintain a clean, safe and well-organized department.
- Coach employees for attainment of company and individual goals and objectives in accordance with company guidelines and performance management system.
- Plan, direct and coordinate the manufacturing process in compliance with company goals and objectives
- Participates and provides leadership in problem solving and corrective action processes.
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service. Investigate (and correct) customer issues and complaints relating to quality.
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and to establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished products.
- Formulate, document and maintain quality control standards and on-going quality control objectives.
- Coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other plant managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Create, document and implement inspection criteria and procedures.
- Interpret quality control philosophy to key personnel within Company.
- Provide, and oversee, inspection activity for product throughout production cycle.
- Apply total quality management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes.
- Interact with vendors to ensure quality of all purchased parts.
- Create and direct environmental test functions and applications.
- Maintain active role on internal Continuous Improvement teams.
- Design, develop and implement quality control training programs.
- S. degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering desired.
- Minimum 7 years related experience in a food manufacturing or supplier to food industry required.
- Experience with AIB, IMS, ISO and SQF audits preferred.
- Experience with developing/documenting procedures.
- Computer proficiency.