The Corporate Maintenance Manager directly supports the maintenance initiatives for the company’s manufacturing facilities. This position will implement programs to advance equipment reliability as well as the maintenance teams’ capabilities. This position will identify gaps in training, processes, tools, and spare parts to develop and implement solutions. The Corporate Maintenance Manager will actively lead root cause analysis work and partner with the local Operations teams to implement effective preventative measures as well as provide guidance for capital planning.
- Partner and provide support to Maintenance Managers with day-to-day operations.
- Assist with new product introductions, machinery moves and installation for new customers.
- Support Maintenance Teams on the development of a priority ranking of equipment
- Hands on rebuilding of blow molding equipment and downstream support and finishing equipment as needed
- Lead rebuilding process to complete projects as planned and budgeted and to provide training and leadership to Plant staff
- Benchmarking equipment performance to identify opportunities
- Provide leadership and training on structured problem-solving techniques i.e., Breakdown Analysis (BDA) and other root cause analysis tools, etc.
- Create skill development programs for maintenance technicians to increase fundamental knowledge.
- Develop and standardize Maintenance KPI’s
- Serve as a liaison to influence, develop- and facilitate the sharing of “Best in Class” standard maintenance practices across maintenance teams.
- Conduct gap assessments of maintenance practices across facilities and provide feedback to correct and/or improve the local team practices and performance.
- Provide change management leadership to ensure achievement and sustainability of targeted performance levels.
- Support digital transformation in Maintenance and be a catalyst of change to encourage new processes and behaviors.
Other projects or duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree OR 8+ years of experience in a Maintenance organization role.
- 5+ years of management experience within a Maintenance organization.
- Extrusion blow molding experience in packaging
- Effectively communicates and builds relationships at all organizational levels.
- Proven track record of coaching, mentoring, motivating and developing teams
- Experience proactively leading and coaching teams to solve problems.
- Experience utilizing automatic line monitoring and other reliability improvement processes.
- Strong program management experience with change management capabilities.
- Experience with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP).
- Proficient Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills
- Strong reporting and analytics skills.
- Ability to travel up to 90%
Preferred Skills and Experience:
Advanced degree in Engineering or Technical Engineering
- Experience within the food/beverage processing and packaging industry.
- Experience with the following machine brands: Uniloy, Rocheleau, and Bekum
- Experience with blow molding containers and processing
- Experience processing HDPE
- Experience in managing vibration analysis, IR monitoring programs.
- Adherence to Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) budgets.
- Management of an effective spare parts and kitting program.
- Experience with maintenance resource and emergency response planning in a large manufacturing organization.
- Experience in the creation of workflow processes.
- Certifications in Lean, Six Sigma (Green or Black Belt) and/or TPM (Total Productive Maintenance).