The Corporate Maintenance and Reliability Manager is a critical role with oversight for the implementation of world class maintenance excellence strategies to optimize equipment efficiency/reliability, and improve product quality, while improving costs.
This role serves as the champion for the development and deployment of standard maintenance systems across the Plastic Industries manufacturing and distribution network.
This position will develop a strategic maintenance program to assure operational reliability, energy conservation, optimal maintenance practices, extended asset life, low operating expense, and peak equipment utilization.
This role will also oversee corporate-wide reliability maintenance planning for critical facilities and assets by creating & Implementing work flows, procedures, work instructions, metrics and Key Performance Indicators.
The Corporate Manager will be the key resource for managing a team of local leadership resources that support maintenance and reliability practices at all sites.
As a key member of the Corporate Engineering and Maintenance Group, the Corporate Preventative Maintenance Manager provides guidance to the site-specific Maintenance Department Managers for hiring, training and development, while fostering an environment and culture of continuous improvement.
Will work closely with operational counterparts to provide technical expertise, strategic guidance, and overall coaching for success.
Provide adequate support, training, development, and coaching of plant staff
Partner with Operations and CI to ensure that Maintenance Systems are properly aligned with other corporate programs
- Serve as the primary change agent for company-wide maintenance reliability initiatives by driving the required cultural transformation and the adoption of successful continuous improvement practices.
- Development and ownership of all aspects the Corporate Reliability and Maintenance program, people and culture.
- Drive strategic direction of Reliability and Maintenance within multi-site manufacturing operations
Focus on collaboration, continuous improvement, employee engagement and delivering sustainable performance.
- Develop and implement planned maintenance and predictive program across manufacturing sites.
- Establish standard planning and scheduling processes to increase reliability and maximize efficiency (OEE).
- Manage effective parts / store room systems & inventory in support of corporate and plant objectives.
- Monitor Repair and Maintenance (R&M) spend at sites collaborate with local team to manage spends to ensure impactful spend, and identify patterns/opportunities.
- Review critical asset performance to mitigate risk and improve facility performance standards, operating effectiveness and efficiency.
- Execute the methodologies and tools of RCM and TPM.
- Manage and identify opportunities in mean time between failures of assets.
- Building an effective maintenance reliability team through the development of training programs and internal & external recruiting.
- Mentor and Coach Plant Maintenance Managers as required
- BS in Engineering, Reliability, Supply Chain, or related. MBA desirable.
- 10+ years of experience in maintenance reliability leadership
- Must have computer operation skills including, proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, CAD, CMMS Software
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Knowledge of LEAN Manufacturing and LEAN Management principles
- Knowledge of OSHA, EPA, and other safety regulations and practices
- Experience in the manufacturing of products in a heavy industrial, continuous manufacturing environment is a requirement.
- Experience implementing Reliability Centered Maintenance and Total Productive Maintenance is essential
- Minimum of 10 years of experience successfully leading teams including demonstration of excellent interpersonal skills including communication, conflict resolution, and development of people; willingness to seek continuing education toward development of leadership abilities
- Advanced critical thinking and troubleshooting skills to be used for strategic planning in leading maintenance department toward efficient completion of goals
- Experience with RCA/FMEA desired
- Ability to travel domestically from 50% to 75%