High Density Polyethylene Plastic #2 is typically opaque and one of the top 2 most recycled plastics in the world. This plastic is safe for direct food contact.
Examples of our innovations and sustainability
- Enhanced barrier without impacting recyclability
- Proprietary XL coating process utilized on Maple Syrup bottles improving O2 barrier and extending life of syrup grade
- R&D project ongoing utilizing new additives to enhance O2 and H2O barrier properties for food applications
- All efforts allow #2 HDPE Universal recycling code – no “7” (Other)
- Commercialized Nutritional Supplement canisters made from 100% Food Grade PCR
- Developed Light weight alternative for automotive aftermarket – Commercial options for…
- Standard weight with 25% PCR or
- 10% weight reduction for virgin HDPE
- Partnered with mold maker to design lightweight dairy bottle – weight savings up to 17%
- 10 Strategically located plants across the US including regional, near-site and one-site facilities resulting in lower transportation, energy and handling costs.