We are seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician to join our team on the 2nd shift (12 hour, 7p to 7a). The successful candidate will be responsible for all day-to-day equipment maintenance in support of the 24/7 blow mold manufacturing facility. The candidate must also have excellent organizational, communication, and decision making skills.
- Ensures operation of machinery by completing preventive maintenance requirements on, production machines, conveyor systems and support equipment;
- Follows sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Troubleshoots machines mechanically and hydraulically
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical operation and listening for problems;
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hand and power tools.
- Order spare parts as necessary
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Make mechanical adjustments using the correct hand tools.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as an maintenance mechanic in a manufacturing facility
- Demonstrate good attendance- report to work as scheduled and on time
- Demonstrate ability to understand and follow written and verbal work instructions
- Possess the required tools to successfully perform your job duties