Reports to Director, HR, dotted line to Plant Manager
Responsible for managing all facets of human resource and office administration for plant with approximately 45 employees. Reports to the Director of Human Resources with a dotted line to the Operations Manager. Bachelors degree or equivalent education or experience is a plus. Bilingual Spanish required.
- Recruits, selects and places all plant level exempt and non-exempt personnel, manages on-boarding process.
- Works closely with management to enhance the skills of plant personnel and address performance issues as they arise
- Implements human resource policies and procedures as provided by corporate HR
- Coordinates safety training and manages OSHA compliance.
- Maintains performance appraisal system
- Conducts in-house training on issues related to human resources (i.e., EEO, safety, management training, etc.)
- manages workers’ compensation claims and plant reporting
- Assures compliance with ADA, FMLA, and other Federal/State mandated programs as directed by corporate HR.
- Processes and submits payroll for all plant personnel
- Coordinates and administers benefits program including medical, dental, vision, life, cobra, long-term and short-term disability, 401(k) plan for the plant with corporate HR direction
- Coordinates employee training and development programs and maintains training records
- Responsible for puchasing office supplies, resinand other raw materials for the plant.
Other Functions Include:
- Completes corporate projects as assigned through Director of Human Resources and the Plant Manager.
Education and Experience:
BS/BA Human Resources or equivalent, plus 5-7 years experience as Human Resources generalist in a manufacturing environment plus. PHR a plus. Must possess good interpersonal skills and speak Spanish. Must also possess solid PC knowledge, with experience in Microsoft Word and Excel. ADP experience a plus.